Just in case you stumbled onto our OLD blogger blog, we wanted to let you know that Golf is Hard TV is best viewed at www.golfishardtv.com. Please update your links!

Inspiration, Incorporated

>> March 13, 2009

I want to start this blog post off with some trivia:

What is the only movie that I've cried watching, and that makes me cry more every time I watch it? I'll give you the answer below after talking about inspiration in golf, and in life.

This week has been filled with some amazing moments and terrific conversations. It started out on Monday, when my 4th grade, 6th out of 7th ranked daughter's basketball team (I'm the coach) upset the #3 ranked team in the playoffs. If that wasn't enough, we went on to shock the #2 team on Wednesday night after jumping out to a 10-0 lead. At the end of that game, I found myself standing center court watching my girls jump up and down with each other in pure celebration and joy. I got the chills just thinking about this week as I was typing this blog post. You can follow my coaching journey on my "other blog" about coaching youth sports.

Last night, I had the pleasure of spending more than an hour on the phone with Phil Bundy. If you haven't yet heard about him, get ready. Phil is on a personal quest to play on the PGA Tour. More importantly is why he's on that quest. Phil takes his own inspiration from his son Charlie. Phil's quest really, if you think about it hard is about showing Charlie that life is all about dreaming big and having the clarity and guts to go for it.

As a parent, Phil has reminds us all of what is really important in life. As an entrepreneur, he's given me the inspiration to push forward with Golf is Hard TV. As a golf fan, he's given me hope that I'll have a new favorite to root for on Sundays. As a parent, he's pure validation that I'm on the right track.

One more story before I tell you what movie makes me cry. This one is best delivered via video (see below). I heard about D.J. Gregory a few months ago and chose to ignore it. But like all great stories and all great leaders, D.J.'s story is not going away. I heard about him again this morning on sports talk radio and raced to my computer to find this video:



I'm not a good enough writer to add anything else to D.J.'s story.

As for what movie gets me every time... Rudy of course. Not only is Rudy's story amazing and inspirational, but Sean Astin will forever in my heart be one of my favorite actors because of it.

Where do you take your inspiration from? Who inspires you to get out of bed every day? Tell me, tell me!

2 comments:

Anonymous 3/13/2009 9:37 AM  

Marc,

Thanks for including me in your post.

I enjoyed our telephone conversation and hearing about your daughter's basketball team. You are sharing unforgettable experiences with her and her teammates which will inspire them to achieve their goals for the rest of their lives.

I wish continued success for you and Coach Dave as you continue to grow Golf is Hard TV!

Phil

Dave V 3/13/2009 8:36 PM  

Really amazing...thanks Marc for posting this. btw...all the time you spent above and beyond coaching your 4th grade girls, no surprise they are winning. Sometimes it takes time and relative to their overall basketball experience, they are still just beginning. Nice story.

About Marc and Coach Dave

Marc's a hacker and Dave knows what he's doing after teaching for 7 years. We're both passionate golfers and committed to having fun with Golf is Hard TV.

What is Golf is Hard TV?

"The golf show for the rest of us!"

Golf is Hard TV is the golf show for the rest of us, the most passionate golf show on the internet that was created to take a look at the lighter side of the game. At Golf is Hard TV, golfers of all abilities can improve their games and interact about anything related to golf.

We discuss topics realistically including equipment, etiquette, Jr. golf, attire, rules, etc. This interactive golf show is where golfers can ask questions, send in video and get real answers about their games, always FREE. The founders of Golf is Hard TV know what average golfers like us want.

Partnerships

Golf is Hard is passionate about golf... everything about golf! We are interested in your products, your web site, your business ideas. Please contact us right away to talk about how we can partner together. Heck, we're even interested in non-golf related things that golfers like us love!

Contact us via the blog, twitter or via e-mail now!
Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Clicky Web Analytics