Just in case you stumbled onto our OLD blogger blog, we wanted to let you know that Golf is Hard TV is best viewed at www.golfishardtv.com. Please update your links!

Hipsway

>> August 4, 2007

When I was in High School, there was this amazing band "Hipsway" that hit the scene big time.

I played 18 today with a guy who is really, really good. He's a 4 handicapper and I met him because we were both playing "singles." So this guy crushes the ball - his driver are 280-300 easy - and I can tell he's taking it easy, sizing up the course and seeing what's what.

I can also tell he's looking at me funny half the time - I get the silent treatment when I duff the ball - and the occasional "good golf swing" comment when I manage to actually hit the ball. (Side note... new favorite club is the 5 hybrid. God I hit that thing great).

By the 17th hole, I'm +30 or so and he's about to finish with a 73. I slice the crap out of the ball and for the first time after 4+ hours, the guys says "Marc. Hipsway."

I'm trying to figure out what he just said and ask him what he means. What he was talking about what how I have now started over-compensating my shoulder turn by adding a nice hip movement (left to right) which is completely throwing off my angles.

I'd like to make 2 comments about this story:

1. Damn, golf really is hard!
2. Say something earlier man. Could have saved me from myself.

I was going to play again tomorrow, but I think I'm due for some time on the range instead.

1 comments:

Greg 8/05/2007 12:03 PM  

Many times folks are hesitant to offer advise during a round. If you are playing with a good golfer, tell them that you would appreciate any feedback and or advice.

I did this once and after the round the good player offered to spend some time with me at the range. He observed me while I hit three buckets of balls and gave me lots of instruction. Many of his words still linger in my mind.

About Marc and Coach Dave

Marc's a hacker and Dave knows what he's doing after teaching for 7 years. We're both passionate golfers and committed to having fun with Golf is Hard TV.

What is Golf is Hard TV?

"The golf show for the rest of us!"

Golf is Hard TV is the golf show for the rest of us, the most passionate golf show on the internet that was created to take a look at the lighter side of the game. At Golf is Hard TV, golfers of all abilities can improve their games and interact about anything related to golf.

We discuss topics realistically including equipment, etiquette, Jr. golf, attire, rules, etc. This interactive golf show is where golfers can ask questions, send in video and get real answers about their games, always FREE. The founders of Golf is Hard TV know what average golfers like us want.

Partnerships

Golf is Hard is passionate about golf... everything about golf! We are interested in your products, your web site, your business ideas. Please contact us right away to talk about how we can partner together. Heck, we're even interested in non-golf related things that golfers like us love!

Contact us via the blog, twitter or via e-mail now!
Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Clicky Web Analytics