Just in case you stumbled onto our OLD blogger blog, we wanted to let you know that Golf is Hard TV is best viewed at www.golfishardtv.com. Please update your links!

Fighting Joe

>> April 23, 2007

I went to a wedding in Alabama this past weekend and had a chance to play an amazingly hard golf course - rated in the top 30 I believe by Golf Digest in fact. Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail features the Shoals - Fighting Joe Golf Course. We didn't play from the blacks (I suck, remember!) which is 8,092 yards long. Instead we played from the white tees which are a mere 6,154 yards long - and quite difficult.

Playing with rental clubs is always interesting, but the King Cobra's they gave me where in good shape and quite similar in feel to my Taylormade Irons. The driver however had a graphite shaft, and I never really did manage to get a feel for it.

Fighting Joe

I played OK - shot a 105 in total thanks to losing a ton of balls and taking penalties left and right. If I had been able to keep my drives in play, I'm sure I would have broken 100, or come close.

I did manage to stun the guy I was playing with by sinking a 30 foot putt for a bogey (whew), and even managed to par the 10th hole.

The guy I played with shot an 89 and really, really picked it up on the back 9 shooting +3. Unreal.

0 comments:

About Marc and Coach Dave

Marc's a hacker and Dave knows what he's doing after teaching for 7 years. We're both passionate golfers and committed to having fun with Golf is Hard TV.

What is Golf is Hard TV?

"The golf show for the rest of us!"

Golf is Hard TV is the golf show for the rest of us, the most passionate golf show on the internet that was created to take a look at the lighter side of the game. At Golf is Hard TV, golfers of all abilities can improve their games and interact about anything related to golf.

We discuss topics realistically including equipment, etiquette, Jr. golf, attire, rules, etc. This interactive golf show is where golfers can ask questions, send in video and get real answers about their games, always FREE. The founders of Golf is Hard TV know what average golfers like us want.

Partnerships

Golf is Hard is passionate about golf... everything about golf! We are interested in your products, your web site, your business ideas. Please contact us right away to talk about how we can partner together. Heck, we're even interested in non-golf related things that golfers like us love!

Contact us via the blog, twitter or via e-mail now!
Your Ad Here

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Clicky Web Analytics